Share This Article
Many things need to go right for your business to succeed, that’s why even when your start- up fails, that doesn’t mean you do.
We’ve all read the horrific stats that 90% of start-ups fail, but what happens to those people who risked it all to become the CEO and Co-founder?
This week’s Genius Guest has over a decade of Finance expertise and openly shares his own start-up experience, from launch to close.
This is the entrepreneurial journey of Andres Korin, now Co-founder & CFO at Debite, previously CEO and Co-founder of StorkCard and Start Up Consultant to Founders in tech.
After the first couple of years building the idea and concept and finding the ‘Tech’ to match his ‘Fin’, he had the tough call to leave his comfortable job and go all in. We dive into the hard decisions like this, that he wrestled with and learned from. Right up to the fateful day, one year later, when he made the announcement that the team and he had decided to close down the business.
We unpack the watch outs, the opportunities, and the enablers to carve out a strong future no matter what life throws at you, plus how to navigate:
- Finding co-founders
- Securing funding and getting to the Final interview stages of Y-Combinator and Techstars.
- Making the decision to close your startup in the right way.
Join us as Andres relives the pivotal moments that allowed him to learn and grow and use his expertise to create a positive impact in the world.
Tune in and learn:
- How to have a conversation with the future you and get comfortable with risk
- The reasons you need to forgive yourself – when you get it wrong
- Why your applications and interviews for funding will help you in more ways than you think
- What to expect if your going to a Y Combinator interview and how Tech Stars differs
- The most important things to focus on when winding down your start up to investors.
- How to channel your energy in the most productive way to be a success
- What you need to focus on when gearing up for Series A – what you need to know (and importantly what you don’t)
You can do more than what your current job description defines, you have the opportunity to bring all your brilliance to the table and show up everyday in a big way. This is living. This is is how you become the person you were born to be.
Follow these simple practical steps to think bigger, act bigger and start living your way.
Need an extra boost of motivation? Ponders these words:
What are you waiting for? Let’s go!
Need some music to get you out of a funk? Why not check out Andres favourite tune to get him in the zone.
Want to learn more about Start up life , check out Andres’ favourite Start-Up Podcast by Gimlet media